.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Orange's TV Review

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Bad Girls 109 : Pay Back Time

Pay Back Time 復負時刻

明著看,Shell氣憤沒有人相信禁藥是Lorna偷渡進來,為了報負Lorna,她苦心設局陷害,終於爭回一口氣,卻未如願回到三樓.其實連Nikki都在報負Helen,使使性子給她難堪,可惜就是刀子嘴豆腐心,看人家一脆弱,便是打氣鼓勵,外加愛的擁抱.那個擁抱過了頭,終於出現越界的初吻.雖然沒幾秒便收嘴,但至少為下一季打好了漸入佳境的基礎.

Helen一大早便丟出一個空酒瓶.老中是看得有點訝異.不過我那嫁給老美的表姊,規規矩矩的一對白領中年夫妻,真的是清晨五點便在庭院,二人慢酌烈酒,說是醫院工作壓力太大....

Sean: Takes the body 36 hours. 妳需要36個小時.
Helen: To do what? 要幹嘛?
Sean: Get rid of the alcohol from a glass of wine. 排掉體內一杯的酒精.
Helen: How long does it take to get rid of the shit from a day in my job? 那麼排掉工作一天的狗屁倒灶需要多久呢?
Sean: Well, it depends who you've got to help you unwind....Shit. 那就要看由誰來解開妳的心結.(交給Helen一個信封)糟了.
(*要誰來解開妳的心結?所以Helen最後就去找Nikki?)
Helen: What? 怎麼了?

Sean: I thought they would have got back by now. The registry office? Oh, didn't I tell you? I'm getting married. Have you told your dad yet? Well you can't put it off forever. Not that you're ashamed of me or anything. 我以為他們現在才會回覆.就是公證處啊.我沒通知過妳嗎?我要結婚了.(Sean吻了Helen的臉頰)妳告訴妳爸了嗎?(Helen搖頭)妳總不能瞞一輩子.我又不是見不得人,或什麼著.
Helen: Look, he's never approved of anything I've done in my life; I can't see this being any different. 我所有的事情,他都是唱反調.有沒有告訴他,我看是沒差別.
Sean: Well you watch, he'll be really happy. 妳等著看,他一定會很高興.
Helen: My dad doesn't know the meaning of the word....."Oh, you're doing that are you? Oh, well I suppose congratulations are in order." 我爸不懂得什麼叫快樂.(模仿她爸的語氣)"妳要結婚啦?我想應該是要恭喜妳才對"
Sean: Look, isn't it time you put all that behind you? 妳是否該忘記過去?
Helen: Nice idea. Doesn't actually work like that though does it. 好主意.但說得比做得容易.

眾人在回憶上一集她們的秘密酒會,Crystal展現她一貫堅持,但「政治不正確」的宗教信念.
Crystal: I thought it was disgusting. 我認為那令人作嘔.
Denny: So what? It got us pissed. 又怎樣?還不是讓我們喝醉了.
Crystal: Not the taste, stupid, making it in the first place. There's enough drugs in here already. 不是指味道,笨蛋,是製作的初衷.這裡已經有夠多的毒品了.
Denny: You was drinking it 'n' all bitch. 妳還不是喝光了.
Crystal: It was a wake, I was doing it out of respect. 那是追思會,我是出於敬意.
矮茱: Oh, take the cork out your arse will you Crystal. 噢,那就從妳的屁眼打開瓶塞吧.
Crystal: If the papers knew what went on in here, there'd be a scandal. 如果報社記者知道這裡的情況,絕對是一樁醜聞.

又到了Helen的例行會議,她特別關注了Lorna,似乎因為這是Lorna最後一集出現.
Helen: Morning everyone. 早安各位.
眾人: Morning ma'am. 早安長官.
Helen: Nice to see you back Lorna, good holiday? 很高興看到妳回來,羅娜,假期愉快嗎? 
Lorna: Lovely thanks. 很好,謝謝.
Helen: Raring to go I hope? 我希望妳會很想回來工作吧?
Bodybag: Raring to go back, eh Lorna? 很想回來,噢 羅娜?

Helen: Firstly, a word about Monica Lindsey. She's still very low I'm afraid, so I'm keeping her on bed-watch. I'd like everyone to make a special effort with her please. Get her talking, try and make her feel as if she's got something to live for. 首先,關於莫尼卡.林賽.恐怕她仍處於低潮,我將對她進行夜間監控.我希望各位對她多盡點心.找她說話,試著讓她覺得生活有目標.
Jim: When's her appeal? 她何時上訴?
Helen: It's very soon, so obviously that's a big thing in her life. If we can get her to focus on that, what with that and the anti-depressants she's agreed to take, let's hope for an improvement. 快了,所以這是她生命中的大事.如果我們讓她注意力放在上面,以及她願意服用抗憂鬱劑,我們就可期望轉機.

在Shell返回升等廂的計劃中,她的頭號目標是要對付Lorna,為了不被看出是敵人,所以她會先對Lorna示好,為了讓友善的行為,看起來不那麼假,她會假裝改過向善,於是利用了Crystal.其實Crystal也是她一直想教訓的對象,便用了同樣策略:先接近/再打擊,剛好一石二鳥.只不過,打倒敵人,卻沒有達成目的,反而在110,又把Jim Fenner變成新的敵人,又要來一遍:先接近/再打擊....為什麼Shell要花那麼多精神搞這些事?可能獄中時間太多,閒著無事便是搞鬥爭.

Zandra本想重施故技,要脅Lorna,卻被Shell出面制止,幫Lorna解圍.在這個階段,每個人都在懷疑Shell到底在打何算盤?Zandra背後批評:"Ha, biggest pusher in the place. 哈,這裡最大的毒販." Crystal跟著推測:"She wants people desperate and then she starts putting her price up innit. Something like that. 她故意讓每個人哈的要命,然後再來提高價格.大概是這樣子."

在洗衣間,Shell的臉孔在烘乾機透明蓋前異常扭曲,我曾在102提到要注意Shell出現在磁磚上的影像,攝影一直不斷地用這種鏡頭暗示Shell的性格,在110還會出現一次.Shell利用Crystal的正義感,故意建議她投書揭發:
Shell: If only it could get in the papers, they'd have to do something about it then. 如果報紙披露,他們就得來解決.
Crystal: Not much chance of that. 沒什麼機會吧.
Shell: Unless you wrote to ‘em. 除非由妳來投書.
Crystal: What, me? 什麼,我?
Shell: Myra Hindley gets her letters printed, why shouldn't you? 蜜拉˙興德利的投書還不是被付印出來,為什麼妳的就不會? (* Myra Hindley 是英國知名的殺人犯,看起來像是另外一個閃靈殺手,作惡多端,卻浪得媒體虛名)

Crystal終於完成了她自認正義的投書,Shell更進一步建議要把具體的地點和人名列出,於是Helen及G-Wing便成為鎂光燈下的炮灰.



Crystal在第一季是很不討喜的角色,屬於衛道的基本教義派,一開始便罵Denny的同性戀傾向,常抱著被種族歧視的迫害妄想症,對宗教偏執到令人不悅.因為她太沒有灰色的彈性,容易被利用.Shell陪著讀經祈禱,便被取信.不過,Crystal把判斷真假留給了上帝:"That's between Shell and the Lord. If she's pretending, He's sure gonna be one angry Messiah. 這是雪兒與上帝之間的事.如果她虛情假意,上帝會化身為憤怒的彌撒亞"

Helen來到圖書室,好像不小心掉到Nikki的蜘蛛網.Nikki故意欺侮Helen,她挑釁的對話,其實都意有所指.
Helen: Hi. 嗨
Nikki: You look a bit pasty Helen, heavy night? 妳看來臉色蒼白,海倫,沒睡好? (Nikki不是一直希望Helen良心不安,睡不安穩嗎?所以這到底是關懷,還是諷刺啊?)

仔細看,Helen是站在宗教類書架前,這個取景含意不言可喻.
Helen: I'm looking for Monica. 我在找莫尼卡.(瞧瞧她緊張的樣子.)
Nikki: I've not seen her all day. What's wrong? Is it‘cause I called you Helen? I thought you didn't want us to be formal. 我一整天沒看到她.怎麼了?是因為我直呼妳海倫?我以為妳不希望我們太拘束?
Helen: No, I don't. 我不希望拘束.
Nikki: So what's the problem? You wanna be informal but you don't wanna be called Helen? 那問題是什麼?妳希望不要拘束,又不讓別人直呼妳海倫?(真是找碴啊!)
Helen: No. 我沒有.

Nikki: You can't have it both ways. 妳不能二者兼顧.
(both ways?這是Nikki的指桑罵槐吧.她是氣Helen的雙性戀傾向?還是氣Helen無法在Sean/Nikki二人中取捨?)
Helen: This is difficult for me, as I think you know. 這對我是件很「困難的」事,我想妳明白.
(這一句直指二人拌嘴的真正問題.Helen一向口風緊,雖然行為語言早已顯示她對Nikki感情的掙扎.但這一句應是Helen在言談中首度透露.)

Nikki: So what do you want? 那妳要怎樣?(Nikki靠近Helen,Helen驚慌地別過視線接觸) Sorry, am I making you feel uncomfortable? 對不起,我讓妳不自在嗎?(Nikki真是得了便宜還賣乖,像是小孩一樣地報負.)
Helen: Look, if you see Monica, tell her that I'm looking for her. 如果妳看到莫尼卡,請她來見我. (Helen趕緊逃之夭夭)

Helen自己找到了Monica,她正打電話給助理律師,不巧被Helen聽到.
Monica: I'm sorry, I don't care how far down the road we are.... Yes, I realise that.... Look, can you not hear what I'm saying? I don't wish to continue, all right? 我才不管我們進行到那裡...是的,我了解...你聽不懂我說的嗎?我不想繼續下去,好嗎?(掛上電話)
Helen: Continue with what? 繼續什麼?
Monica: That was a private phone call. Aren't we allowed any privacy in here? 這是私人電話.難道我們不准有隱私權?
Helen: You're not dropping your appeal, are you? Oh Monica. 妳不會放棄上訴,對吧?噢,莫尼卡.
Monica: It's my affair. 這是我的事.
Helen: Look, you could be out of here within weeks. 再幾個星期妳就可以出獄了.
Monica: To do what? 要做什麼?
Helen: Anything you like. 什麼都可以.

Monica: There's nothing for me out there anymore. And I want to forget the life I've had. Being in here helps me do that, numbs the brain. 我對外面已經無所求.我想要忘記原來的生活.待在這裡能麻痺我的思考.
Helen: That's the pills you're taking, you won't feel like that forever. In a year or two you'll be over the worst of this, you'll have a life again. Monica, I can't let you do this. 這只是藥物作用,不會一直如此.再一兩年妳就能爬出谷底,再有新的生活.莫尼卡,我不能讓妳放棄.
Monica: There's no law says I have to appeal. And I've suffered enough from the law. 沒有法律強制我一定要上訴.我已受夠了法律.(Monica拂袖而去)

Helen在無計可施之下,只好硬著頭皮找Nikki.
Helen: Nikki, can I have a word? 可借一步說話?
Nikki: You again? 又是什麼事? (本來還有點不情願) 
Helen: Look, I need to ask a favour. It's about Monica, now I know that I shouldn't be telling you this but I've run out of ideas. She's refusing to go through with her appeal. 想請妳幫個忙.關於莫尼卡,我是不該煩妳,但我已沒法子了.她拒絕繼續上訴.
Nikki: What? 什麼?
Helen: Well, she said that she doesn't care anymore now that Spencer's dead. 她說史賓塞死後,已不在乎任何事.
Nikki: Have you talked to her? 妳和她談過?
Helen: Me, the solicitor, a couple of officers. She just doesn't want to know. 我、助理律師和幾個獄官都談過.她根本置之不理.
Nikki:And you want me to have a go. 妳希望我試試看.

Helen: Could you? I know that she respects you. 可以嗎?我知道她尊重妳的意見.
Nikki: I'll try. 我會試試看.
Helen: Thanks. And I haven't said anything, OK? 謝謝.別透露是我說的,好嗎?
Nikki: Sure Helen. It's OK. 當然,海倫.(Nikki有點吃軟不吃硬.只要有人需要她,她就會收歛挑釁的態度.)

Monica正在計算她偷藏的藥丸,冷不防Nikki不請自來.
Nikki: Just wondered how you were. 想看妳情況如何?
Monica: I'm fine. Well, erm...you know. 我很好.嗯....妳該知道.
Nikki: Not seen you down the library much lately. 最近沒看見妳下來到圖書室.
Monica: No, I haven't felt like reading much. 我最近不太想看書.
Nikki: Sure. It takes time. All look different once you're out here though. 當然,這需要一點時間.妳不在時,感覺都不太一樣.
Monica: I'm not going through with the appeal. 我不會上訴了.(Monica心知肚明,乾脆挑明了說)
Nikki: What? 什麼?(是驚訝Monica的明說吧)
Monica:I just don't see the point. 我看不出還有什麼意義.
Nikki: Monica, you can't give in now. 莫尼卡,妳不可以在這時候放棄.
Monica: Nothing seems to matter since I lost Spencer. 失去史賓塞後,任何事都不重要了.
Nikki: Ok, but backing down on this appeal, do you think that's what Spencer would want? For you to waste away in here? 妳以為史賓塞會希望妳放棄上訴?待在這裡浪費時間?
Monica: Spencer isn't here, in case you hadn't noticed. 史賓塞已不在人世--如果妳還沒注意到的話.(好酸的一句話)
Nikki: The bastards will have got you as well if you give in now. It's this shit-hole, it does that to people. Monica, get that appeal back in place, it'll give you something to aim for. Like my degree course, it helps me get through things, you know? Gives me some hope..... Can I get some water?
妳現在放棄上訴,那些不愉快還是會折磨妳.因為這是個爛地方,它就是會折磨人心.莫尼卡,繼續去上訴,它會給妳一些生活目標.就像我的學分課程,讓我熬過這些事情.(Nikki已經說得口乾舌燥) 我可以喝點水嗎?

Monica: Perhaps I have got things out of perspective. 或許我沒看清楚.(為了不讓Nikki接近藏藥的水槽,Monica決定虛與委蛇.)
Nikki: Yeah? That's more like it. 這才像人話.
Monica: It's this place, you're right. Maybe I'll think again. 是因為這個地方,妳說得對.我會再考慮.
Nikki: You better. Girls in here will never forgive you if you don't gives us a lift when someone walks free. 妳最好是.甚至是如果有人出獄,妳沒給她搭便車,所有人都不會原諒妳.
Monica: Oh yes, wouldn't want to upset them. 是啊,可別惹惱她們.
Nikki: You come and see me any time you like, all right? You know where I am. 妳隨時可以來找我.妳知道我在妳身邊.
Monica: Thanks Nikki, it means a lot. 謝謝尼琪,這對我意義重大.(一定要這樣詮釋嗎?全世界都看出這是Monica的緩兵之計)

Nikki正從查號台詢問Helen的私人電話.她這身裝扮曾引起討論,有人開玩笑,她是不是還在長高?所以褲管變短了.當然,我們不是不知道七分褲的存在.但是服裝組這次配的上衣和鞋子真難看至極,像平庸的家庭主婦.



Nikki的電話由Sean接到,Nikki還撐得住表明找Helen,但話筒一到Helen手上,Nikki馬上就潰散落跑.觀眾接著會問,那她打這一通電話做什麼?近鄉情怯啊,怕到不敢與Helen通話!所以看她在前面故意欺負Helen,其實是內心愛得要死.像有些小學男生暗戀一個女孩,卻是用拉她辮子來表現.Helen 的反應也很好玩,明明知道何方來電,故意用不理不睬的方式,不敢面對.

Helen喪著臉準備上班.在大災難發生前,先要過Sean這一關.
Helen: See you. 再見.
Sean: Are we inviting Geoff and Sarah to the wedding? 我們要邀請傑夫各莎拉參加婚禮?
Helen: I don't know, are we? 我不曉得,要嗎?
Sean: Well they'll be pissed off if we don't, if we're inviting Ted and Alice and Mark and Sue. Well we've got to really.  如果我們沒邀請他們,如果邀請了泰德艾莉馬克和蘇,他們鐵會生氣.我們還是得邀請他們.
Helen: So what are you asking me for then? 那你幹嘛問我?
Sean: Well, 'cause bizarrely enough, you'll be there that day and you might want to have a say in the matter. 奇怪的是,那天妳會出席,妳或許會想表示些意見.
Helen: Sorry. 對不起.
Sean: I did offer you the choice of getting out. You should say if you don't wanna go through with it. 我曾給妳脫身的機會.妳不想經歷這些,妳就該說出來.
Helen: I do, I've just got a lot on my mind at the moment. Look, if you make up a list, we'll go through it tonight. I gotta go, see you. 我是要結婚,只是最近心事較多.如果你提出名單,我們今晚來看一遍.我得走了,再見.

這張圖,總結了第一季Nikki與Helen的互動.可憐的Nikki苦苦追求,Helen總是有理由不予理會.

Crystal的投書被刊出,辦公室裡正在討論殺傷力.Helen才剛進門了解狀況,就被長官召喚.


Shell已興高采烈向Nikki示威:"In deep shit, your Miss Stewart. 妳的司徒女士,惹了大痲煩." Shell的用字很曖昧,彷彿已看透她們倆人的關係.




不只是官場起風暴,Crystal從自以為是的英雄,變成狗熊.
矮茱: Smart girl, Crystal. 很精明啊,克莉斯朵.
高茱: Yeah, very clever. 是啊,非常聰明.
Crystal: Well you have to speak up for what you believe in, innit. 妳得為信仰而疾呼.
矮茱: All your own work, was it? 妳一個人幹的,是嗎?
Crystal: Sure was. 當然.
矮茱: So only you to blame? 那就怪妳一個人囉?
Crystal: For what? 為什麼?
矮茱: For when they put us on closed visits, you slack divvy. 等他們發佈禁見,妳這白痴.
高茱: Yeah, you slack divvy. 對,妳這白痴.
Zandra: And no gear coming in. 沒有毒品進得來.
矮茱: You might get your bleedin’ jollies from singing to the Lord, but what about us, eh? 妳可以從歌頌上帝獲得快樂,但我們呢?
高茱: Yeah, what about us, you stupid cow? 我們怎麼辦,妳這笨牛?
Crystal: When it stops the drugs from getting in here, you'll thank me one day. 有一天毒品不再進來,妳們就會感謝我.
Zandra: And, you might get your reward in Heaven sooner than you think. 妳很快就會得到上天的回饋,快到妳意想不到.

Simon每次都罵得很兇狠,真難得Helen還撐得住.
Helen: Well if it sparks a debate about drugs in prison, perhaps it's been for the good. 如果它激發有關獄中毒品問題的辯論,可能是好事一樁.
Simon: Is that all you can say? 妳只會說這些話?
Helen: I'm sorry if it sounds glib. 抱歉我的話聽起來有點圓滑.
Simon: Sounds cavalier, if you ask me. 我認為是聽起來傲慢的.
Helen: I'm doing all I can to stop drugs getting into Larkhall. I might as well stand on the beach and tell the tide to stop coming in. Every prison in the country is awash with drugs and you know it. 我已盡全力防止毒品進入獄中.就好像是站在海邊制止浪潮湧入.你也了解全國所有的監獄都受到毒品的衝擊.
Simon: That is hardly the point. This is a PR disaster for Larkhall, if you hadn't realised. This Crystal…這不是問題的重點.這是「拉寇」的公關危機,如果妳還搞不清楚.這位叫克麗斯朵....
Helen: Gordon. 高頓.
Simon: Gordon… says she complained to you about drugs on G-Wing. Did she? 高頓....說她曾向妳抱怨過G區的毒品問題,是嗎?
Helen: What do you want me to do: order closed visits and risk having a riot on our hands? Prisons only work when inmates cooperate. 你期望我做什麼,難道要禁見,冒著引起騷動的風險?只有犯人合作,監獄才管理得下去.

Simon: Did she complain? 她有抱怨過嗎?
Helen: Yes. And I spoke to her. 是的,我和她談過.
Simon: Well you didn't make much impact, did you? 看來妳沒有什麼影響力,對吧?
Helen: I tried to reassure her but...well she's a little on the eccentric side, unfortunately.我試著消除她的疑慮....但很不幸,她有點堅持己見.
Simon: "The Guardian" takes her seriously enough. 「衛報」可是很認真地看待她的意見.
Helen: I'll talk to her again. 我會再找她談.
Simon: Yes, you will. And while you're doing that, I'll spend the rest of the week getting the Home Office off our back and sorting out this bloody mess you got us into. 妳當然得找她談.當妳處理她之際,這一週我得花所有的時間爭取內政部的支持,去收拾妳拖我們下水的爛攤子.

Helen被罵慘,Nikki心軟,決定放下身段來安慰她.
Helen: Nikki....尼琪....
Nikki: Is it OK to talk now? 現在方便說話嗎?
Helen: No worse than any other time. 不會比其他時候更糟.
Nikki: I'm sorry about the letter. 很遺憾發生投書的事.
Helen: Doing the rounds is it? Well, only to be expected. 困難都輪番上陣不是嗎?也早預料到了。
Nikki: I phoned you last night. 我昨晚曾打給妳.
Helen: I thought it might be you, how did you get my number? 我猜可能是妳,妳怎麼會有我的號碼?
Nikki: Directory Inquiries. Out of order I know, I'm sorry; I just...wanted to tell you the good news. 問查號台.我知道違反規定,對不起.我只是...想讓妳知道好消息.
Helen: What good news? 什麼好消息? 
Nikki: I think I've got Monica to reconsider. 我想我讓莫尼卡回心轉意了.
Helen: Oh, thank God something's gone right today, well done. 噢,感謝老天,今天總算有件好事,做得好.

Nikki: I thought it'd cheer you up. And don't worry about the letter. 我想這會讓妳振奮.別再擔心投書的事.
Helen: No? 能不擔心嗎?
Nikki: Hey, you've got lots of other things to look forward to... like a wedding to plan. 妳還有很多事情可期待...例如規劃婚禮.
Helen: That's right. Anyway, well done about Monica. I'll see you Nikki. 沒錯.好吧,莫尼卡的事做得好.再見,尼琪.
Nikki: See you Helen. 再見,海倫.(虧她講出婚禮,她望著Helen的背影,一付悵然若失)

Helen領教過Crystal的伶牙俐齒,上次被打敗,這次還是沒站上風.
Helen: I told you, if you had any evidence at all...我各訴過妳,如果有證據...
Crystal: But you never do nothing. 但妳什麼事都沒做.
Helen: Well how can I, when no one tells me anything? 沒有人來檢舉,我怎麼做?
Crystal: You waste time searching people like me or my visitors. 妳把時間浪費在搜索像我這樣的人和訪客身上.
Helen: Look, the way around this is for us to help one another. Not go behind each other's back, like you did with this letter. 這件事應該是我們互相幫忙,而不是在背後扯後腿,像妳投書這般.
Crystal: There's no law against writing letters. 法律沒有禁止投書.
Helen: Oh, that's not the point. 這不是重點.
Crystal: There should be separate prisons for the junkies. Let them destroy themselves, then they don't harm no one else. 毒蟲應該要有隔離囚室.讓他們自我毀滅,這樣就不會傷害他人.(其實挺可怕且自私的想法)
Helen: Crystal, I don't make the laws in this country, I just have to work within them, best I can. Now, all your letter's done is turn up the heat in this particular prison. 不是我制定這個國家的法律,我只是儘力去執法.現在因為妳的投書,讓本獄承受壓力.
Crystal: Then that's good. 那很好.
Helen: Well it's not gonna solve anything. Life will get harder for a couple of days till it blows over, then it'll just go back to normal. 這解決不了事情.在事情淡化之前,日子會難過一陣子,接下來就歸於正常.(這句話,只能做不能說啊)
Crystal: With the law not protecting the ordinary person. So the ordinary person gotta do what they gotta do, which is why I wrote the letter, innit. 法律沒有保障平凡人.所以平凡人就該做所當做,這是我投書的理由,不是嗎.

Shell這廂藉故請Lorna夾帶香水,Lorna原本不肯,不過Shell之前做足人情,Lorna不得不還給情面,剛好正中Shell的下懷.



Helen真忙,還得親自來確認Monica改變心意.
Helen: Monica? OK? 莫尼卡?還好嗎?
Monica: Yeah, fine. 是的,還好.
Helen: Nikki said that she had a word with you. 尼琪說,她和妳聊過.
Monica: That's right. 沒錯.
Helen: Any more thoughts? 還有其他想法?
Monica: Well, I think she talked some sense into me actually. I've decided to go ahead with the appeal. I don't know what came over me. Well...I do. 我想她說動了我.我決定繼續上訴.不曉得之前為何想偏了.其實....我心知肚明.
Helen: You've been very depressed. I understood you wanting to drop it, strangely enough. 妳沮喪了好一陣子.我了解妳為何想放棄,奇怪吧.
Monica: Yes? 真的?
Helen: Well, when it's uphill all the time, there doesn't seem much point. 當一直處在困境中,努力變得沒有意義.
Monica: You've been there? 妳曾經歷過?
Helen: No, but I've been in the prison service for two years; I've seen some women go through Hell. Sometimes you've just got to get a grip of yourself..... Anyway, your solicitor seems very confident about your chances. Downhill all the way. 沒有,但我曾從事二年的監獄服務,見過一些女性如歷煉獄.有時妳得拉自己一把...總之,妳的助理律師對案件很有信心.事情會很順利的.

Shell假意供出Lorna,Crystal不察,決定陪同背書.
Helen: Well? 怎麼樣?
Crystal: Shell's got something to tell you, about the drug problem in here. 雪兒對這裡的毒品問題,有些話要說.
Helen: Has she now? 現在才有?
Crystal:Well you said to tell you if we knew anything. 妳說過有事就要說.
Helen: All right, go on. 好吧,繼續說.
Crystal: Well, Shell knows someone that's bringing the stuff in. And it's a prison officer. 雪兒知道誰夾帶毒品進來.是個獄官.
Helen: Really? 真的?
Shell: But before I say who Miss, I want you to know that I'm sticking my neck out here. A lot of the girls gonna be mad if this supply gets cut off. 在我供出是誰,妳得知道我是儘力撐著.很多女孩會因為毒品來源截斷而發狂.
Helen: Shell, you better not be wasting my time. This is a very serious allegation. 雪兒,妳最好別浪費我的時間.這是很嚴重的指控.
Crystal: She can prove it, Miss. 她可以舉證,長官.
Helen: She's gonna have to. 她最好是.
Shell: I know you're suspicious Miss, and I don't blame you. But I wanna make up for what I done; all the mess I caused, dealing in drugs and everything. I was well out of order. And I've found God now.... I have. 我知道妳會懷疑,我不怪妳.但我想補償我犯的錯,犯毒等罪行.我曾做錯,但如今找到上帝...真的. (可憐Helen快吐出來了)
Crystal: It's only God can bring people off drugs for good. And if you don't mind my saying, it's only God can sort the mess you got yourself into. 只有上帝能引人遠離毒品向善.如不介意我說,只有上帝能解決妳深陷的困局.(唉,等了三季也沒看到神蹟)

Helen: Yes, yes, ok. So who is it? 好了,好了,到底是誰?
Shell: I'm trying to help you as well, Miss. I know you're in trouble after Crystal's letter. 我是真的想幫妳,長官.我知道妳在克麗斯朵投書後有麻煩. 
Helen: Look, will you save me the false concern and just tell me who it is. 請妳別再虛情假意,直接告訴我是誰?
Shell: Yeah, but I want you to know why I'm doing this. She's been putting pressure on me to buy them. 但我想讓妳知道我的動機.她在逼迫我買貨.
Helen: Who has? 是誰?
Crystal: Miss Rose! It's Lorna Rose who's been doing it. 羅斯小姐.是羅娜羅斯一直在做.
Helen: And you can prove it? 妳能舉證?
Shell: Yeah. 是的.
Helen: You better. 最好是.

很不幸,Lorna當場人贓俱獲.外盒包裝一查驗,居然在夾層藏著毒品.Lorna一心想加入DST,結果前途斷送在DST手上.




逮到Lorna,並沒有讓Simon提高對Helen的評價,反而每況愈下.
Simon: Glad to see you're getting on top of things after our little chat. 很高興上次我們小聊之後,妳有了進展.
Helen: I had no idea this was going on. 我真的不知道會發生這件事.
Simon: Evidently. Well, while you acclimatize, there are going to be a few changes here. I've ordered closed visits for a start. 顯然地,當妳還在適應之際,有些改變得進行.我下令從禁見開始.
Helen: I really don't think that's a good idea. Punishing everyone for an officer's indiscretion…我真的不認為這是個好主意.為了一個獄官的行為失檢而去處罰所有的犯人.
Simon: Then what do you suggest? 妳有何高見?
Helen: My staff are stretched as it is. 我的屬下個個都繃緊神經.
Simon: They're making a botched job of it, if that's what you mean. Perhaps this will brighten their ideas up. 妳的意思不就是:他們笨拙地彌補錯誤.或許禁見可以給他們靈感.

Helen在職場上的挫折,原本應企求未來另一伴的支持,顯然Sean在這一方面力有未逮.
Sean: Well there's one bit of good news; we got the date that we want at the registry office. Old Shufflebottom can't override you on that. 有個小小的好消息:我們在公證處預定到好日子.妳的老闆那天對妳只能莫可奈何.
Helen: I don't think that I can take another day in that place. 我想我在那裡再也熬不過一天.
Sean: Well you can't give up now. 妳不能在這時候放棄.
Helen: No? 不可以? (Sean真的是不會安慰.同樣的情境,當Helen問起:No? Sean只懂得說理,Nikki就知道,這不是說理的時刻.)
Sean: What, let Jim Fenner get your job? You hang in there. 什麼,讓吉姆.費拿奪走妳的工作?妳撐著點.

一群人看著Dominic張貼禁令.
Denny: What this then? 這是什麼?
矮茱: It's closed visits, Miss Stewart's orders. 禁見通告,司徒女士的指令.
高茱: The cow. 這頭牛.(老外就是愛用cow,是相當於我們罵人豬頭) 
Dominic: Well it's not her bringing the drugs in, is it? 又不是她把毒品帶進來,對吧? (另一個忠貞的保海派)
Crystal: How do we know? One of her officers did. 我們哪知?其中一位獄官做的.
Denny: Yeah, that's right. 是呀,沒錯.
矮茱: I can't hold my little David's hand when he visits. 我的小大衛來訪時,沒辦法握住他的手了.
高茱: Yeah, it's all she's got to look forward to. 是呀,那是她最大的期望.
Zandra: You're gonna have a riot on your hands if you're not careful. 再不小心,你們就會面臨騷動.

Nikki: This won't have been her decision, will it? It'll be the Governing Governor's. 這不會是她的決定,對吧?這是上層主管的決定.(忠貞的保海派)
Denny: How do you know? 妳怎麼知道?
Nikki: If anyone's to blame, it's Dockley, for setting up Lorna Rose. That's what's done this. 如果要怪罪,就怪姓杜的陷害羅娜羅斯.都是她做的好事.
Shell: That's bollocks. 胡說八道.
Nikki: Is it? I'd say it's spot on, myself. 是嗎?我會說有跡可循.

豬頭Jim居然有臉開口要求遷回Shell.
Jim: At least you're showing Simon you're on the case, nabbing Lorna like that. You'll be putting Shell back on Enhanced after that, will you? 至少妳向Simon表現妳該做的事,當場抓住羅娜.事後妳會把雪兒遷回升等廂,是吧?
Helen: After what, setting up one of your fellow officers? I don't think so. 什麼事後,在陷害你的一位同仁之後嗎?我可不認同.

Nikki和Monica提前傷感起來.
Nikki: You're gonna miss all this. 妳會懷念這一切.
Monica: Yes, how will I cope? To think, I'll soon leave it all behind. 是啊,我該怎麼克服?想想,我很快就會離開這一切.
Nikki: You're confident all of a sudden. 妳突然充滿自信.
Monica: No, no, I was just...thinking positive, like you said. 不不,我只是....正面思考,就像妳說的.
Nikki: I thought there was something you weren't telling me for a minute. 有那麼一會兒,我以為妳有事情瞞著我.

Bodybag正押著Yvonne進來.第二季起扮演重要的角色.
Bodybag: I've read about you in the papers. 我在報上看過妳的事.
Yvonne: I've read about you in the papers. Or about this place. Seems like I've come at a very interesting time. 我也在報上看過妳的事,或是這個地方.似乎我來得正是時候.
Bodybag: Yes well, just so has you know, you might be famous on the outside, but you won't be in here. 妳知道,妳可能在外面很有名氣,但在這裡只是無名小卒.
Yvonne: Wanna bet? ..... Are these my new neighbours? 要來賭嗎?....各位是我的新鄰居?
Shell: Any objection? 妳有意見嗎?
Yvonne: None at all, sweetheart. Name's Yvonne. Hope you like a good party, girls. 完全沒有意見,甜心.我叫伊芳,希望妳們喜歡好派對,各位姊姊淘.

Zandra: Who's that? 那是誰?
Nikki: That's Yvonne Atkins. 伊芳.艾金斯 (Nikki真是博學多聞)
矮茱: It's Charlie Atkins' wife, innit. 查理.艾金斯的妻子,不是嗎.
Nikki: Someone tried to muscle in on him; she got a hit man to bump him off, hit man grassed. 有人想要介入他的生意,她找了殺手去做掉對方,結果殺手洩了密.
Denny: What did she get? 她被判什麼?
Nikki: Four years. 四年徒刑.
Denny: She can bump me off any day. 她隨時都可以來把我「殺」了.


人有時很奇怪.Helen之前見到Nikki,就像看見什麼似的.直到Nikki緩和態度,安慰Helen被投書的打擊,當她感受不到Sean的安撫,決定回頭找她最初與最力的盟友.於是,她選在落日西偏,天色漸濃的宵禁時刻,打開Nikki的房門.或許Helen認為,她的工作沮喪,只有Nikki最了解.


Nikki: Don't let the buggers get you down.別讓那個混蛋打倒妳.(Nikki像是早料到Helen會進來)
Helen: What you reading? 妳在讀什麼?
Nikki: "Little Dorritt". It's a story about a terrible prison. 小杜麗.關於一個監獄惡狀的短篇小說.(Nikki的正經八百,反而讓人想笑)
Helen: Thank goodness we've got rid of all of those. 感謝上天我們已脫離那種情況.
Nikki: You're doing your bit, Helen. Most of the girls in here know that deep down. 妳己盡力了,海倫.這裡大部份的女孩打從心底明白.
Helen: Yeah, but for how much longer? 是啊,但還能撐多久?

Nikki:  Eh, come here. 噢,過來這邊.(Nikki摟住她的肩)
Helen: I'm just getting it from both sides Nikki, you know? From above and below. It just would be so much easier just to give in. 我真是腹背受敵,尼琪.妳知道嗎?壓力從四面八方而來.如果能放棄,就能一了百了.
(有史以來第一次,Helen在Nikki的面前落淚.如果她的每一顆淚珠都是飄零的花瓣,那麼Helen無意之中為下一幕的相吻舖陳滿佈落瓣的花徑.)
Nikki: Eh, you mustn't think like that. 噢,妳不可以這樣想.
(Nikki轉過Helen的臉,動作是應該再溫柔一點.我想她一開始只是想用非常勵志的方式去安慰,手勁大了點.)
Helen: No? 不可以? 
(如果Helen回答:是的,我知道了.Nikki恐怕只能拍拍她的背,但是Helen竟脆弱地尋問為什麼不可以,天呀,這不是該講道理的時候,這是該表達感情支持的時刻.但是如何表達感情支持?)

1999年,觀眾等了9個星期,看她們之間從怒目相向,到偶有調情,終於...終於...等到第一個吻.我難得會描述親密鏡頭(因為你們自己看就好了),這次要從表演細節來分析.Nikki是情不自禁的發動者,她們的相吻有三個階段:
■第一階段:Nikki上前親吻,原本捧著Helen臉龐的右手放空,沒有擋住觀眾視線(像South of Nowhere最後一集就是失敗的例子),也沒有握住對方脖子,讓人隱約不安(像Saving Face最後一吻即是).所以這吻非常紮實公開地呈現給觀眾.
■第二階段:Nikki姿勢不變,再加了一點力道.Helen的呻吟顯示她回應了對方的吻.
■第三階段:Nikki受到鼓舞,右手放到Helen的肩頭,意圖把她拉近.因為肢體動作打斷注意力,Helen開始驚覺到自己的作為,理智地推開對方.

Nikki: Sorry! I shouldn't have done that. 對不起!我不該那樣做.
Helen: No you shouldn't. 沒錯,妳確實不應該.

Nikki被推開,羞愧得先是用力緊閉雙眼,左手幾乎要掩面,好像自已看不到,就可以躲掉難堪場面.最後她用手蓋住自己的唇.這一段扼腕片段,讓我聯想起西班牙影集Hospital Central第八季,俊美的女醫師Maca藉故幫Esther按摩肩膀,卻偷襲不成,她仰頭咬唇的悔恨,和Nikki有異曲同工之妙.第一吻一向重要,雖然大部份看起來是失敗收場,但是對未來發展影響深遠,不必在乎一時的挫折.

*Hospital Central中的Maca-Esther是很值得推薦的一對,雖然整部西班牙發音,她們亦不是最主要的角色,英文字幕還要另外在網站上看,但光看她們之間甜蜜互動,令人不由得一路陪著傻笑.

Helen走出囚室,驚甫未定站在門口,她用手輕觸剛剛短暫激吻的雙唇,像大夢初醒一般.

結尾是Monica再度計算她的鎮定劑,下一集是第一季精彩收尾,漂亮的平行剪輯,Nikki義正詞嚴的訓示.

6 Comments:

  • 我好奇插圖是筆者自己製作的嗎???

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:24 PM, December 06, 2006  

  • 凱西是指108的劇情分解圖嗎? 那是圖表,不是插圖吧. 我是用MS附屬程式 "小畫家" 做的. 內容是在下的原創.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:42 AM, December 07, 2006  

  • 我也覺得Maca偷襲不成挫敗的表情很有去趣
    原來小小的一吻還可以分三階段
    好有學問
    終於看到109
    Orange同學不要生氣了
    看在Maca份上
    笑一個

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:44 PM, December 07, 2006  

  • 我沒有才情去描述那吻的風花雪月,但是分析起來竟扯出這麼多,確實出我意料之外.那一段是我發火前就寫好的,如果現在寫,不知會如何下筆? 我沒有在生氣了,只想著趕快年底前寫完110,休息一下,便要一邊看The L Word,一邊寫Bad Girls第二季.倒是有點擔心The L Word又會讓我邊看邊罵.

    cheers

    By Blogger Orange, at 8:46 PM, December 07, 2006  

  • 好久没来这里了,居然有这样的事情!!!
    终于等到她们的第一个kiss~~~~~~~
    不知道看TLWS4是喜还是悲。。。。
    ps 那个西班牙电视剧我也听说过,不过你是在哪下载的呢?我打算从maca她们出现的那一季开始看起。
    谢谢!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:55 PM, December 14, 2006  

  • 第八季出現Maca-Esther,有超級影迷整理的下載資源請見:
    http://yuntw.spaces.live.com/?_c11_blogpart_blogpart=blogview&_c=blogpart&partqs=cat%3dMaca%2b%2526%2bEsther

    不過,速度較慢,請耐心.

    By Blogger Orange, at 7:46 PM, December 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home